Fire Sprinkler Drafter/Design Technician
Specialty design firm recruiting candidates for drafting technicians with a strong working knowledge
of AutoCad MEP 2D & Revit MEP 2016.
Job responsibilities will include:
• File management, importation of X-Ref and Revit model files;
• Preparation and composition of drawing sheets and backgrounds to company standards;
• Drafting of details and plans for fire sprinkler systems;
• Entry level training for design and layout and fire suppression systems;
• Entry level training for pipe fabrication and materials listing;
• Compilation and project specific editing of standard note blocks;
• Review of documents for scope of content and quality assurance
• Making and managing submittals to building and fire plan review and permit agencies.
• As-Built field measurements/conversion to CAD drawings
The ideal candidate will have:
• Work experience with AutoCAD & Revit (content creation experience a plus)
• Experience with Navis Works a plus
• Strong verbal and written language skills
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office tasking software
• Work experience in the fire protection, plumbing or mechanical trades a plus but not required
• Work experience collaborating with consultants, engineers, designers, city officials, etc. a plus but not required.
Technical training is done in-house and certification programs are available within our industry. Fire protection is a fast-growing and secure segment in the design field and offers a unique and rewarding career opportunity.
Please send a PDF copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org